The main focus of the RTDB is encouraging tourism in Riga and promoting it abroad by means of a special city brand LIVE RIGA.
The Riga City Council owns 70% of RTDB’s shares, while the remaining founders – the national airline airBaltic, the LVRA and the ALTA – each have a 10% share.
The RTDB and its brand LIVE RĪGA work according to the motto “A happy local resident means a happy tourist.”
The main activities of the RTDB are:
- advertising campaigns in foreign target markets;
- publicity campaigns in foreign target markets;
- organising visits by foreign journalists and tourism operators to Riga;
- managing the tourism information centres across the city;
- maintaining the official city tourism website www.LiveRiga.com;
- production and promotion of informative materials about Riga;
- LIVE RIGA line of souvenirs;
- participation in international tourism fairs and seminars;
- certification of guides;
- working in partnership with other organisations to promote Riga as a great tourism destination and maintaining publicity campaigns.