Kronvalda Park (originally Strēlnieku Garden) is 11.92 hectares in area, with the city canal running through it. Bordering Elizabetes, Kr. Valdemāra streets, Kronvalda and Kalpaka boulevards.
The city canal splits the park into two parts. After dismantling the city dikes in 1863, the Union of Riga German Riflemen erected a society house and a shooting-ground on the right side of the park. Later, in 1883, this part was enlarged according to a project by architect Georgs Kūfalts with around 2,000 rosebushes blossoming in flowerbeds and rose-gardens. After 1927 the State handed the whole garden, except for the Riga Congress Centre, over to the city's inhabitants, and garden architect Andrejs Zeidaks started creating a landscaped park here. During 1930's the park was named after member of the Young Latvians Movement Atis Kronvalds.