The government has introduced a new line of measures to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
- Public events (concerts, cinema screenings theatre performances etc.) are prohibited.
- Private gatherings are not allowed outside your household.
- Hiking trails are open for individual hikes.
- Museums, churches, libraries, art galleries and other cultural institutions are closed and events are cancelled. As well as open-air trail visits, museum outdoor expositions will still be open, ensuring one-way movement.
- Restaurants and catering are closed except for delivery and take-away.
- All stores must ensure space for 15 m2 per customer.
- Hotels remain open.
- Entertainment venues, such as clubs, gaming halls, and bars are closed.
- Active recreation sites such as skating rinks, amusement parks, waterparks as well as spas, saunas and wellness centres are closed.
- From March 1, it is allowed to provide manicure, pedicure, podiatrist and hairdresser services.
- Professional sports competitions are allowed without spectators. Outdoor training is permitted for up to 10 people; however, it is not allowed to use changing rooms.
From 7 April of this year, all stores outside the large shopping centres can resume on-site work in the conditions of increased safety.
Please keep in mind that these regulations may change depending on how the situation develops! For the most current official guidelines check this website.
Discover Riga safely!
People aged 7 and older must wear a face mask in public spaces.
Keep a distance of 2 metres between you and other people.
Wash your hands frequently.
If you have coronavirus symptoms:
- Remain inside. Do not leave your home or hotel room.
- Arrange to be tested for coronavirus by calling the number 113 or 8303.
- If you test positive for coronavirus, you must self-isolate in your holiday accommodation for two weeks.
Travelling to Riga:
State borders remain open. All travellers to Latvia are required to fill out and complete the electronic form at covidpass.lv/en/ at least 48 h before crossing the border. For minors, the form must be completed by the parent/legal representative. When entering from a country that has a high number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, must self-isolate for 10 days upon the arrival. For a list of countries check: https://www.spkc.gov.lv/lv/if-returning-toentering-latvia.