Riga Business Award 2023
The Riga City Council awarded Riga's best companies on December 6th at the Small Guild. The special Riga Business Award ceremony took place for the third time, and the most successful entrepreneurs in their field have been awarded in six categories.
At the event, awards were presented to Riga's best business representatives in six sectors - a startup, a global business service center, information and communication technologies, real estate, biomedicine and manufacturing with high added value.
Laureates of the Riga Business Award 2023:
- Riga's Startup of the Year: Aerones Engineering
(nominated Aerones Engineering, NACO Technologies, Giraffe360)
- Riga's Entrepreneur of the Year in the Global Business Services Sector: SEB Global Services
- Riga's Entrepreneur of the Year in the Information and Communication Technologies Sector: Accenture
- Riga's Entrepreneur of the Year in the Real Estate Sector: Bonava Latvija
- Riga's Entrepreneur of the Year in the Biomedicine Sector: Cellbox Labs
- Riga's Entrepreneur of the Year in the High-added Value Manufacturing Sector: SAF Tehnika
The companies have been nominated for the award in line with the criteria by the associations of the respective sectors:
- The Latvia's Startup Association Startin.lv;
- The Latvia's Global Business Service Centers Association ABLS Latvia;
- The Latvia's Information and Communications Technology Association (LIKTA);
- The Alliance of Real Estate Developers (NĪAA);
- The Association of the Latvian Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry (LAKIFA);
- The Latvian Electrical Engineering and Electronics Industry Association (LETERA).
This year's awards have been designed in cooperation with Baiba Glass.
Photos from the award ceremony HERE.
About the award
"Growing entrepreneurship is the backbone of our city. The ideas, products and jobs created by companies allow us to jointly create a desirable urban environment where people want to live. Therefore, we continue the tradition for the third year by highlighting and honouring the most successful city companies once a year."
"This ceremony confirms that Riga is an open and safe investment place. Although Riga is among the largest cities in Northern Europe, it provides a personal attitude appreciated by most entrepreneurs and investors who come to our city."