Izbaudi Rīgu

Great Guild

The origin of the Great Guild - one of the oldest public buildings in the Baltics - go back to the first half of the 14th century. It has always been open to cultural and social events.

The edifice of the Great Guild was opened in 1857, with elements of Eclecticism of the English Gothic style and an outstanding interior. After a fire in 1963, it was reconstructed two years later with a new entrance-hall and interior adapted to needs of a concert hall, becoming the home of the Riga Philharmonic.

Saistītie pasākumi