ICT is one of the fastest-growing industries in Latvia, and Riga is leading the way as the largest ICT hub in the Baltics with robust digital public services (5th in the EU), 94% of overall fixed broadband coverage and innovative plans of using 5G network. ICT sector contributes 4.3% of total GDP.
~ 6,996 companies active in the ICT sector (2019):
- 114 - ICT equipment
- 501 - the telecommunications industry
- > 5,000 – other ICT services
- 527 - ICT equipment sales
The number of employees in the ICT sector > 37,000.
The foreign trade surplus of ICT services EUR 466 million.
The main trade partners of ICT services are Sweden, USA, and Ireland.
- Riga is the largest ICT hub in the Baltics
- 1st in ICT exports in Baltics
- 3rd in the world in mobile data usage
- 94% of overall fixed broadband coverage
- 16th fastest internet speed in the world
- 10% of the average annual growth rate of ICT industry value-added
- 5th in the EU in digital public services
- 1st in innovations in the Baltics
- The most startup-friendly country in the world
- First 5G military test site in Europe
- 1st in Europe in terms of ICT students per 1 M population
IT support, Telecom, Software development, Cloud solutions, AI, Automation & Robotics.
Latvian companies in the industry: http://ict-industry-companies.liaa.gov.lv
Latvian Information Technology and Communications Association: www.likta.lv
Latvian Open Technology Association www.lata.org.lv
Latvian Internet Association: www.lia.lv
Association of Computer Technologies of Latvia: www.itnet.lv
Latvian IT Cluster: www.itbaltic.com
Latvian Electrical Engineering And Alectronics Association (LETERA)
Microsoft innovation centre