Once you have settled-in, you will be required to visit the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs to apply for eID card (includes digital eSignature). During an in-person visit you will have to submit biometrics (digital photo and fingerprint scans) as well as fluorography (chest x-ray) results and health insurance policy with coverage of repatriation costs.

You can start working for your employer only once eID card has been issued to you.

Exception: this step does-not apply to holders of long-term D visa for work and unlike holders of temporary residence permit or EU Blue Card they can begin employment with their employer straight after moving to Latvia.

Next step
This website uses mandatory cookies.With your consent, cookies necessary for statistics and marketing may also be used on this website.
If you accept additional cookies, please select your choice: