The common practice for searching for a job in Latvia entails communication with the potential employer via the email address listed in the job advertisement or a dedicated career website.
Applying for a job usually entails sending a completed CV (Curriculum Vitae) to the potential employer. Your CV should contain your professional experience, qualifications, and skills (highlighting the skills and experience most relevant to the job). Some employers may request a cover/motivational letter and/or references from previous workplaces, but in most cases, this only applies to high-level positions. If you are looking for guidance on how to prepare a CV and motivational letter, check out the Europass website. Please note that employers in Latvia expect to receive applications from candidates who are qualified to do the job and who meet at least the minimum criteria specified in the job advertisement.
Candidates selected for the next stage of recruitment are usually invited for an interview with the employer. The interviews are relatively formal and can be held online, via phone or face-to-face. During the interview, you may ask questions about the potential job.
Riga has many career opportunities for you.
All you have to do is spend some time searching the job ad platforms and choose the most suitable offer for you. You can start your search by checking out the Available jobs section on our website.
But if you want to expand your search, here are some useful resources:
- Cv.lv - the biggest local job ad platform in Latvia covering all industries;
- YourMove.lv - a platform connecting foreign professionals to companies in Latvia that are seeking global talent;
- LinkedIn - a platform for establishing a network of local professionals, following the vacancies announced on company profiles or simply using the LinkedIn Jobs section to search;
- MeetFrank - career app specialising in IT, software engineering, data, and marketing vacancies;
- ABSL Latvia - a list of the career pages of Business Service centres located in Latvia;
- EURES network - here you will find the contact information of Latvia-based consultants who specialise in supporting international job seekers;
- State Employment Agency’s vacancy website (use the Translate to English option) - provides information about available vacancies registered in the NVA database. You can also upload your CV in this section to search for a job in Latvia;
- WorkingDay - a recruiting app which offers suitable jobs and job search agents;
- Visidarbi.lv - a Latvia-based job portal providing access to thousands of job ads collected from the most popular job and career portals, ad portals and largest company websites.